Want to know what's on right now?
Want to know what's coming up?
You've come to the right place!
Week 7: Short and Salty
Miss out on Short and Sweet? Have an overwhelming amount of salt and no way to get rid of it? Well come see Short and Salty! 5 vastly different plays and a 21-30-large cast mean plenty of variety! Don’t miss out on what is gonna be an amazingly salty production.
The five plays are:
1. Is It Me? | Directed by Jo Bradley, written by Tony Devaney Morinelli
2. Winners Don’t Do Dungeons | Co-directed by Madi Slavin and Maxim Adams | Written by Andrew Fallon
3. She’s His Lobster | Directed by Alice Yan | Written by Alice Yan
4. Mt. Vernon | Directed by Lachlan Vernon | Designed by Oliver Watt | Written by Lachlan Vernon
5. The Perfect Date | Directed by Micayla Laurence | Written by Lewis Scamozzi
MAJOR PRODUCTION: This Old Man Comes Rolling Home
Written by Dorothy Hewett
“We breed like sparrows an’ we die like sparrows. We never end."
Dorothy Hewett’s ‘This Old Man Comes Rolling Home’ is a haunting, poetic portrayal of working class family life in Cold War Sydney. Capturing the spirit and political character of 1950s Redfern, this tender story treats the often-miserable lives of its characters with warmth and humour.
NUTS is thrilled to be bringing to life the first play by "one of Australia's best-loved and most respected writers" Dorothy Hewett, in a week long major production at NIDA.
Directed by Casuarina O'Brien
Produced by Natalie Marcarian
Designed by Verónica Barac
Want a break from all of that hard study and work you're doing? Then look at all the wonderful things you could be doing with NUTS!